Chicago

I spent the weekend in Chicago with my friends TC & Romana whom I lived with in 2007. I've visited them once since, but not since they've been married. They now have a 6 month old baby too. It was a great weekend.

You often hear people say of old friends "we just picked up where we left off" or "it was just like old times". This wasn't. It was better. It was wonderful to see TC married, happy and settled, all the things he wasn't 5 years ago. For me it was a wonderful bit of nostalgia, to see the old building we used to live in, to walk along the lakefront of Lake Michigan where I used to jog in the snow, and to go to Mass at St Thomas' Church which I attended while I was studying.

Still, I'm equally happy to be back in Omaha, with the new friends I've made and the new opportunities this coming term holds. And as I have 8am classes tomorrow I'm signing off and going to bed now.


Comments

  1. This is nice. I think he could comment about you being a person you weren't 5 years ago too. Better for the journey and the experiences along the way.
    Good luck for term 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Jim. That warm weather looks gorgeous. Glad to see you are soaking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great catch up, glad you enjoyed it - lovely post. Interesting comment from Dom too, it would equally apply to all of us. Could this be a useful reflection for one of our Men's gatherings??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Spiritual Exercises

Rhythm

Brian Wilson